Our apartment is perfectly located for a great stay in Glasgow. It is located in the heart of the hip and attractive Merchant City with a range of great bars, restaurants, cafes, delis etc nearby as well as the designer shopping district. Although located right in the heart of the city, the areas is clean, quiet, safe and surrounded by beautiful architecture.
The apartment is well positioned and within easy walk to many of Glasgow’s theatres, museums, universities, tourist sights, shops, restaurants, café’s, local bars and clubs. The area is really not a tourist hub, but rather filled with locals living the Glasgow lifestyle.
- Theatres: The Royal Concert Hall, The Tron Theatre, The Pavillion Theatre, Theatre Royal, Glasgow Film Theatre, Kings Theatre
- Museums - Museum of Modern Art, The Lighthouse, Museum of Religion,
- Universities - University of Strathclyde and Glasgow Caledonian University
- Tourist sights - Glasgow Cathedral, George Square, Candleriggs, City Chambers. Glasgow Green, the West Craft Brewery, The People's Palace and the Winter Gardens.
- Shopping Centres & precinct areas: Princes Square, Buchanan Galleries, Buchanan Street, Argyle (website hidden). Enoch Centre, Sauchiehall Street.
- Other: The Barrowlands is nearby if you are in town for a gig.
- Grocery Stores - There are also a number of grocery stores (Aldi, Tesco, Sainsbury’s and Morrisons) close by to the apartment, which should be able to meet all your self-catering requirements.
It has good the public transport links nearby but also many places you can just walk to.
In addition, there are excellent nearby public transport links to the West End of Glasgow and to other parts of the city. Main tourist destinations include areas such as the new Hydro, the SECC, Kelvingrove Art Galleries, Kelvingrove Park, The Huntarian Museum, The Charles Rennie MacKintosh House, the Botanic Gardens, The University of Glasgow, the Riverside Museum, Burrell Collection and various other destinations.